An annual panel of women in communications will have a decided PPRA feel to it with President-Elect Nina Scimenes serving as a panelist and member Amy Buckman serving as moderator.
The panel -- Successful Women in Advertising 2018 -- takes place on Thursday, Feb. 1 from 5:30 - 8 p.m. at the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, 21 North Juniper St..
Tickets are available at Phillyadclub.com, the event organizer. Link to their site through the events section at ppra.net.
Scimenes is communications and marketing manager of Brûlée Catering by Chef Jean-Marie Lacroix, a wholly-owned division of Spectra by Comcast Spectacor. She will speak from her experiences in the hospitality industry -- a field that demands the versatility to be current on best practices in public relations, marketing, advertising and social media.
Buckman, a former on-air reporter at WPVI-TV, 6abc, is now manager of public relations and special events at Philadelphia Media Network -- publishers of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News and Philly.com.
Other panelists include:
- Stephanie Hogarth – Chief Marketing Officer, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Julianne Herbster Leighton – Vice President of Strategy, Quattro
- Amy Beamer Murray – Chief Operating Officer & Partner, Pavone Marketing Group
- Monica Peters – Founder, Genius in Collaboration PR
- Dina Silver Pokedoff, APR – Director, Brand and Communications, Saint-Gobain
- Nina Stanley – Chief Communications Officer & Owner, MOD Worldwide