Student Program - "Networking 101"
Monday, September 25, 2017
5:45 - 6:15 p.m. Registration/Refreshments
6:15 - 7:00 p.m. Keynote Presentation
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Speed Networking
1919 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Click here to download a printable registration form.
First impressions are lasting! Learn from the best of the best on how to get the most out of networking. Many PPRA Hall of Famers and Past Presidents will be in the mix for a valuable speed networking session after a presentation from a branding expert, Melissa Alam.
This is your chance to meet someone who can really help you in the next step of your career - whether you are a college student, starting your public relations career or a mid-level manager who needs a boost.
A speed networking session let's you put Melissa Alam's tips into practice. Below is the list of confirmed professionals that you will get the chance to meet.
- Kera Armstrong, Senior Director of Internal Communications at Comcast Corporation and Past PPRA President
- Lisette Bralow, Founder of VIN Partners, LLC and Past PPRA President
- Adam Dvorin, Media Director with Winning Strategies and Current PPRA President
- Sharla Feldscher, President, Feldscher Horwitz Public Relations, PPRA Past President, and PPRA Hall of Fame Member
- Bonnie Grant, Executive Director, PHL Life Sciences and PPRA Past President
- Deirdre Hopkins, Strategic Communications Manager, Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Kelly Jankowski, Senior Vice President, Edelman
- Mark A. Tarasiewicz, Executive Director of Philadelphia Bar Association, PPRA Past President, and PPRA Hall of Fame Member
Melissa Alam, a Temple alum who started her own branding firm, will be our guest speaker to kick-off the program. She will share how she successfully created a brand for herself. During her speech, she will conduct a brief workshop so you will be able to craft a statement to take with you for the second portion of the evening, speed networking.
Only $15 per person! Includes program and light refreshments.