Sheila Hess, City Representative for the City of Philadelphia and networker extraordinaire, will lead Networking 101 on October 1, 2019, introducing new PR practitioners to best practices. Hess, a long-time member of Philadelphia PR Association, is a master at the conversation and will be sharing her tips as to why “Your Network is your Net Worth!”
Networking is more than just striking up a conversation—it’s about creating and fostering relationships. As public relations professionals, we network every day (sometimes without even realizing it) and it’s a critical skill to master.
PPRA’s “Networking 101” helps up-and-coming public relations professionals hone their skills in an engaging workshop. Surrounded by their peers and public relations veterans, attendees will get professionalism tips, career advice and insightful guidance. The event is a great opportunity to make connections that will advance a burgeoning public relations career.
The evening will begin with a keynote from Sheila Hess, who will share tips and best practices. Remarks will be followed by a speed networking session with PPRA Hall of Famers, Past Presidents and members. Attendees will learn the skills necessary to take their career to the next level, giving them an edge in the competitive world of public relations.
Professional networkers include:
- Christina Crews, Public Relations Specialist, American Dairy Association North East
- Adam Dvorin, Immediate Past President, PPRA and Media Director, Winning Strategies
- London Faust, Digital Media Manager & Account Executive, Bellevue Communications
- Deirdre Hopkins, President, PPRA and Director of PR, Visit Philly
- Morgan Horrell, Marketing Content Associate, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Tom Logue, Account Executive, AKCG – Public Relations Counselors
- Ryan Wall, Account Executive, Brian Communications
- Rachel Zatcoff, Media Relations Specialist, Vault Communication
Bring your resume for review! Resume reviews will be led by 2014-15 PPRA President, Lisette Bralow.
Only $15 per person! Includes program and light refreshments!