The Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA), the premier organization for communications professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area, has inducted its Board of Governors for the 2018-19 program year. In addition, PPRA recognized two rising PR talents at its recent annual meeting at the Science History Institute (formerly The Chemical Heritage Foundation).
London Faust, account executive at Bellevue Communications Group, was named the 2018 Presidential Fast Track Award Recipient. She is a graduate of Temple University. Ryan Wall, assistant account executive at Brian Communications, was named 2018 Dr. Jean Brodey Student Achievement Award recipient. Wall is a 2018 graduate of La Salle University.
Newly-inducted members of the PPRA Board include:
● Nina Scimenes assumes the role of PPRA President. Scimenes is Communications Manager of Spectra. She is a native of Randolph, New Jersey.
● Deirdre Childress Hopkins was inducted as President-Elect, meaning she will assume the presidency for the 2019-2020 program year. Hopkins serves as Strategic Communications Manager of the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Hopkins graduated from Colgate University. She is a resident of Townsend, Delaware.
● Hope Corse was named Vice President of External Affairs. Corse is the Director of External Relations at the Science History Institute. She is a native of Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She is a graduate of Temple University.
● Beverly Volpe was elected Vice President of Programming. Volpe is a Partner at Snap2 Marketing/PR. She is a graduate of Penn State University.
● Jaime Martorana joins the board as Vice President of Membership. A graduate of Temple University, Martorana is a marketing and communications specialist at Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site.
● Melissa Fordyce will be serving as Vice President of Communications. Fordyce is director of communications for Presby’s Inspired Life. She is a graduate of Villanova University.
● Anthony Stipa was appointed Board Treasurer. Stipa is a Marketing Communications Associate at Safeguard Scientifics. He is a Temple University graduate.
● Brianna Rooney was named Board Secretary. A graduate of Temple University, Rooney is an account executive at Maven Communications in Philadelphia, PA.
● Adam Dvorin assumes the post of Chairperson (immediate past president). Dvorin is media director at the New Jersey public relations firm Winning Strategies. A native of Moorestown, New Jersey, Dvorin is a graduate of Rowan University.
Serving as Board Directors at Large are:
● Darrah Piliere, a senior associate at AKCG Pubic Relations Counselors in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Foster is a graduate of Rowan University and a resident of Glassboro, New Jersey.
● Sarah Maiellano, the assistant director of communications at the Philly POPS. She is a graduate of George Washington University. A native of Northeast Philadelphia, she now lives in Center City.
● London Faust, account executive at Bellevue Communications Group. Faust is a graduate of Temple University and a resident of Philadelphia.
Serving as past presidential advisors are:
● Meredith Z. Avakian-Hardaway, is a graduate of Temple University.
● Christopher Lukach, APR, president of AKCG Pubic Relations Counselors in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Lukach is a graduate of Rowan University and a resident of Woodbury, New Jersey.
● Lisette Bralow, founder of VIN Partners, LLC, in Philadelphia, PA.
With nearly 300 members, PPRA is the premier organization for communications professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area. Since 1945, PPRA has engaged with the region’s decision makers, advocated on issues impacting the profession, and celebrated the influencers and ideas that make our region great.
About the Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA)
Founded in 1945, PPRA is the premier association for public relations professionals in the Greater Philadelphia area. With nearly 300 active members representing a diverse cross section of businesses and non-profit organizations—including arts and culture, film and television, education, government, healthcare, law, sports, science and technology, philanthropy, tourism and hospitality, and much more—PPRA is one of the region’s pre-eminent professional development organizations. To learn more about PPRA, visit www.ppra.net.