WHAT: The story makers tell their story. PR folks are the behind-the-scenes drivers of news ideas and foster the reputations of our region and its businesses. One of the nation’s largest independent PR organizations looks ahead to the future while celebrating the past 75 years at the place where it all started: the Bellevue. Members of the media, as well as Philadelphia’s change-makers, industry influencers, and friends of the organization will gather for an evening reception to celebrate.
The “75th Anniversary Jubilee” will feature a guest toast by Monica Cryan, PHL17, Shaina Humphries, Fox29; Paul Kurtz, KYW Newsradio; Jason Martinez, Fox 29; Governor Ed Rendell; Jim Rosenfield, NBC10; Cecily Tynan, 6ABC; Ukee Washington, CBS3; Lee Whack, Chalkbeat; the Phillie Phanatic; and more.
WHERE: The Rose Garden Ballroom at the Bellevue
200 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
WHEN: Thursday, January 16, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
6 pm Live fashion sketches by Denise Fike
7:30 pm Media toast and Phillie Phanatic fun!
PPRA milestones include:
- Founded in 1945, PPRA is one of the oldest, largest private public relations associations in the country.
- In 1954, PPRA presented its first Gold Medal Award, which has been bestowed 65 times.
- In 1972, the first Hall of Fame inductee was honored. Since then, 45 people have been inducted.
- In 2002, PPRA added the Fast Track Awards and Dr. Jean Brodey Student Achievement Awards. Since then, 18 people have received the Brodey Award and the Fast Track Award.
- In 2009, PRoactive Philly was launched to create a way that further enrich the community by offering pro-bono work.
- In 2019, the organization launched “Drive for 75” its membership campaign leading to the 75th Anniversary Jubilee.
About the Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA)
Founded in 1945, PPRA is the leading association for public relations in the Greater Philadelphia area. With nearly 300 active members representing a diverse cross section of businesses and non-profit organizations—including arts and culture, film and television, education, government, healthcare, law, sports, science and technology, philanthropy, tourism and hospitality, and much more—PPRA is one of the region’s pre-eminent professional development organizations. To learn more about PPRA, visit www.ppra.net.